Mary and I did not watch this when it was shown on TV. I recently became aware of it, and have watched the first episode. Very chilling. Intend to watch the others. Thought particularly of Caroline. Did you know that on one occasion Stalin gave a speech which was followed by applause. Everyone knew there was a risk in stopping to applaud, nevertheless at some point someone did stop. This man was arrested the next day and no one knows what happened to him!
http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/lovehatepropaganda/index.html
(Sorry, for some reason I could not get the "link" tool to work, so you will need to copy and paste. Any advice Caroline?)
Does anyone know what is needed to get this projected onto a TV screen?
Sounds interesting unfortunately I could not view it. N/a here outside of Canada.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean whenever one hears these stories one is amazed.
I am sure that most people think that Germans wanted Hitler in power. The propoganda machine shows them euphorisch at the mass Nazi rallies. Of course there were consequences if you did not attend rallies and carry placards or belong to the National Sozialistiches Deutscher Arbeiter Partei.
Tens of thousands of Germans died opposing the Nazi partei and millions were held in camps for political reasons. Is this mentioned in our history books?
I tried and had the same problem with the link, but to solve this problem you can click on the "link" symbol it's beside the text colour, and paste the link there in the link box, just remove the "http:" that is there because you don't need it twice.
This did work for the cbc link.
You can also highlight a word in your text and then copy and paste your link as I just mentioned and the link will be in the word, as I did on my last blog post for news story on the bomb.
I had these same problems and was so frustrated sometimes it worked but not always, and I saw how Maria and Monica used the links so easily, until ta da I found the link symbol.