Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More on Consequences of Same-Sex Marriage

I believe that the biggest battle in society the past 40 years, is whether as a society we hold to the values of the Bible or whether we adopt the values of the 1960s generation (socially left). The Left is clearly winning. When asked on this blog why we should care same-sex marraige, I have tried to show how sex-sex marriage, in the end is about obliterating the differences between men and women. I thought this New York Times article was another example worth people thinking about, as I believe the Bible is clear that men and women are fundamentally different (but of equal value).


Here are a few key paragrpahs:

A FEW weeks ago, Katy Butler, 16, updated her status on Facebook with an enthusiastic shout-out for Google+, the social network’s latest rival. “Oh my God Google! I love it! I was signing up for Google+ and they asked me my gender and the choices were male, female or OTHER!!!!! Oh ya Google!”

Katy, a high school junior in Ann Arbor, Mich., first encountered “other” as a gender option at a meeting of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning and Allies (LGBTQQA) in seventh grade. “For those of us in the nonconforming gender community, it is great to see Google make the option more mainstream,” she said.

"You have to understand, this has nothing to do with your sexuality and everything to do with who you feel like inside,” Katy said, explaining that at the start of every LGBTQQA meeting, participants are first asked if they would like to share their P.G.P.’s. “Mine are ‘she,’ ‘her’ and ‘hers’ and sometimes ‘they,’ ‘them’ and ‘theirs.’

“More students today than ever are thinking about what gender means and are using this language to get away from masculine and feminine gender assumptions,” said Eliza Byard, the network’s executive director.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/fashion/choosing-a-pronoun-he-she-or-other-after-curfew.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment