Friday, January 27, 2012

The 99% vs, The 1%

The 99% vs. The 1%

2 comments:

  1. I note the income is a "before tax" amount. Although the 1% have 38% of income they pay over 40% in taxes. They should have to pay less - don't you think?

    Still, I think people should spend less time worrying about the one percent at the top and carry on with their lives helping the one per cent at the bottom.

    There is so much wrong with the world other than people having money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with some of these comparative statistics as nowhere do we have assurances that they are compareing like with like, Foe example income pre or post tax household? how many income earners? Youmay have a hsehold with 150K bit it is three families living together with 7 income earners. On occasion I watch the show"till Debt to us Part" and it never ceases to amaze me how much money some folks can earn and still be broke/poor. I am sure it must amaze you as well esp when you justoposition it against so many in the world who have comparatively little and consider them selves rich.
    On thing I am finding and I can't eben find words to describe my feelings is the broad attitude of entitlement prevalent - mostly in the under 30 crowd and mostly lower income. If what I have seen and heard personally and from what other business folks have shared with me is true the world's riches are going to belong to those who are willing to work a little bit and willing to get maybe a little bit dirty in the process and yes they will get rich very rich - well maybe not Zuckerman rich but the point is I believe there is lots of opportunity for those who are willing to work a little.

    kk

    ReplyDelete