Is this a conspiracy by the right? I don't think so. It is just a natural result of a greater embrace of conservatism by western countries. In my view, this points to a significant Achilles heels of conservatism.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Conspiracy?
This week I had the chance to watch a movie documentary "The World According to Monsanto." this was prepared by our National Film Board. In one sense I was aware of much of what was documented, nevertheless I find it very disturbing. To me this is an example of private enterprise gone wild. You may see it differently. 40 years ago, when I was at University, most agricultural research was being conducted by the universities, and the results of that research became public property. Today, most of that research is being done privately protected by patents, with much less being done at the public institutions. This has been good for the wealthy. Most of us are significantly poorer as a result.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment