Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In the name of Human rights

It is sad that the in the name of human rights many people play the victim card. It is tarnishing the name of human rights, just like the word racist is starting to lose it's meaning. For everyone is a "racist", everyone else is a "victim". I am exaggerating of course but my friends and family who work for the government or in public schools, know what I mean.

The worst offenders of "discrimination, spreading hate and misuse of power is the Human rights commission. The HRC are violators of civil liberties", according to Ezra Levant, author of Shakedown How our government is undermining democracy in the name of human rights a book I read over the summer.

I was shocked at how this commission operates. It made me laugh for the stupidity of many cases, it also made me mad and made me want to cry for how insensitive to real problems our society has become, false cries of racism and false victims in the name of "human rights". Wasted tax dollars on counterfeits, personal vengeances and agendas, all that have nothing to do with human rights. Eine Schande!


Cartoonist Malcolm Mayes taken from Ezra Levant article Monday morning round up May 4, 2009.

This is what the Canadian Human Rights Act purpose is and as Ezra Levant writes on page 6 who could object to that? The Human Right Commission however is no longer about that.

You may have followed Mr. Levant's case he was charged by the Alberta Human Rights Commission with "discrimination" after he published the Danish Mohammed cartoon in the Alberta magazine Western Standard, or you may remember the case of Mark Steyn and the Maclean's magazine against the HRC.
Mr. Levant went on the attack, attacked his complainant and other complainants. He attacked the people who work for the Commission. I don't want to get into that, even though that is the scary part, these "good dooers" that do more harm than good. Carrying out their personal agendas in the name of human rights. Disgraceful!
They drum up discrimination cases "but the fact that it is deliberately targetting new immigrants is downright vile. The Alberta human rights commission -- in other words, the Government of Alberta -- is trying to persuade newcomers to Alberta to support their grievance industry, and become little race hustlers, little Al Sharptons, just like Khurrum Awan of the Canadian Islamic Congress." (Ezra Levant)
The above is taken from this article, here are samples of HRC propoganda.It cannot be that this is what Human rights in CANADA is encouraging. THIS IS NOT WHAT CANADA IS ABOUT!!!

He put his interviews, which he calls interrogations on You tube and exposed the facade of the Commission.






"His goal was to get the whole country laughing at them, destroying their false respectability and pressuring governments to act to reform or repeal them."

The HRC did us all a favour by charging Ezra Levant, for his fight brought exposure and attention on other cases . Cases of everyday people that had to defend their human rights, and lost, each and everytime. They didn't have the means to fight the government agency that was supposed to protect them.

Here is one ridiculous case, I pick this one because it has nothing to do with race, or religion, it is just plain stupid and a waste of tax dollars. McDonald's fired a woman because she did not wash her hands. McDonalds said, they did not have a job for someone who could not wash their hands, so she went to the HRC. Why would you want to work there, if you cannot wash your hands? Leave, find other employment!!! Is all I have to say.
The quote below is taken from Ezra Levant's blog here he describes this case.

"The $50,000+ penalty -- plus several years of legal fees and medical and rehab experts -- isn't the worst of it. Inventing a "human right" for a worker to go to the bathroom and then to handle meat without washing her hands in between, as an excuse for that $50,000 shakedown isn't the worst of it either.

"The worst of it is that the BCHRT has ordered that McDonald's, in paragraph 298 of the decision, to "cease the discriminatory conduct or any similar conduct and refrain from committing the same or similar contravention."

Beena Datt and her filthy hands are gone. But the restaurant has been ordered not to enforce its hand washing policy in any future cases like Datt's.

I wonder what will happen if, God forbid, someone were to contract a disease from that McDonald's because of this insane order. Could such a victim sue McDonald's for failing to live up to its legal public health requirements, even though McDonald's wanted to do so? Or could the BCHRT itself be sued? Would your answer be different if it was just one customer who got an upset stomach -- or a dozen people dying from e. coli, Walkerton style?"


Rex Murphy, CBC commentator, though I am not a fan of him, he writes a decent review in "The right to offend the easily offended" published in The Globe and Mail. I tried to pick a non bias reviewer.

Here is another sad case of the Commission, the one of Rev. Stephen Boissoin. who was sentenced by the HRC to a life time ban of speaking against gay marriage. I mention this case because he was finally acquitted but not by the Commission but by the Court of Queen's Bench.

Mr. Levant and Mr. Steyn also testified before Parliament, to abolish section 13 of the Canadian Human rights. Read article and see video here.

When the Human Rights Commission was first established it had real issues on its hand. I am sure the intention was good.
It however cannot be that in 30 years that not a single defendant charged with federal section 13 "hate speech" was not acquitted. In 30 years?!

September 2009 the tribunal actually acquitted a case, the Lemire case, first acquittal. Wow, times are a changing. It's a great day for freedom of speech, Ezra Levant wrote in NP.

November 2008 the Conservative party voted "overwhelmingly" to repeal hate speech law.

George Jonas National Post columnist who I enjoy reading is quoted on pg. 9 of Shakedown

" Human rights laws and tribunals are based on the notion that being hired, promoted, serviced and esteemed is a human right". " It isn't. Being hired, promoted, serviced and esteemed is a human ambition."

Here are some of my other fav quotes by Ezra Levant, I am sure I had many but only wrote these down at the end of the book.

“If the choice is between individuals using their freedom of speech hurtfully and an all seeing Big Brother watching or words and throughts, I know which society I’d rather live in” pg. 179

“ The proper response to what little bigotry is left in this society is not more government. It’s the opposite: ordinary people taking a little personal responsibility when they see racism in their midst” ( hear, hear Mr. Levant) pg. 180

Three cheers for people like Mr. Steyn and Mr. Levant that fight for our freedom. Even if you don't agree with Mr. Levant's approach or his political views, I think we can all agree with his fight, for less government involvement and more freedom of speech. We need less political correctness, less censorship and more respectful, open and honest dialogue. God keep our land glorious and free.

If you wish to borrow the book Shakedown I left it at Lori and Phil's.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I find it incredible that a democratic country would give as much power as it has to the HRC. That we need a HRC, absolutely, but in Canada, at least, it has gone to far. It seems to me there is no mechanism to temper the rulings of the commission.

    I have not read Levant's book, but have heard some interviews with him on CBC, and he makes a very good case. Thanks for this review.

    Regarding the web site, I have no idea what's going on. It is behaving strangely.

    ReplyDelete