I thought this segment, pointed to two controversial statements I have made in the past year. One, that many on the left are pro-abortion - not simply pro-choice. Two, that a powerful element of the extreme environmental movement views human life as secondary to saving the environment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_LU15wGxsw
"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building." (8/26/02) Ann Coulter.
ReplyDeleteI don't get it. Why the passion for vilifying the left? If we want to find reason to vilify those who disagree with us, it is not hard to do. Simply note the quote above.
Of course the clips are outrageous. But is this really the best way to deal with to terribly important topics: how do we assist parents who need to look after severely handicapped children, and what responsibility do we have to our environment.
When I think of euthanasia, I also think of Robert Latimar who is still languishing in a Canadian jail. Do we really hae a right to sit in judgement on the man who had to see his daughter suffer all those years? In what way is society served by punishing that man?
The other clip deserves no comment, but I still wonder, what is Beck trying to say to me -- that I should not support David Suzuki because both he and the makers of the clip have concerns about how we treat the environment? Seriously!
I think you are right Uncle Eric I too was so shocked, I cannot comment on video.
ReplyDeleteIn case you'd like to know the last post I wasn't outraged, but now I am.
The 10:10 group has since apologized
See a sort of apology here:
http://www.1010global.org/no-pressure
This organization is also supported by the group that wants solar on the White House, not sure if they are the ones that are now putting solar on the White house, or not.
It would be best if not, I would Obama to stay away from these lunatics.
http://www.350.org/en
Beck is saying that one should distance oneself from these organizations and that includes David Suzuki for that matter because they have lost their way, they place saving the environment over human life.
Are humans not part of the environment?
Who are they "saving the planet" for?
The point is that this view is common amongst "environmentalists".
I see it here all the time, people who are very left, are against killing ants or wasps etc but have no problem whatsoever with killing babies, abortion that is necessary, for there are too many people, not good for the earth, but wasps and ants they benefit the earth, they have a right to life.
Latimar: I sometimes struggle as well as to what purpose sentences serve sometimes. He is already being judged by God. But society cannot allow for the killing of severly handicapped people.
It is not up to a parent to decide if his child should live or not. Yes I agree it is very,very tragic and perhaps the penalty should not have been so harsh.How many years did he get? Seems like a long time ago already.
Don't you think all people are created by God? Don't you think God has placed us here all for a purpose? By punishing him society is saying that severly handicapped people have a right to live, their life is of value. I am sorry I don't remember exactly what her condition was.
I have said enough and am too emotionally drained now. Hope it made sense.
While there are crazy people on the right and left, the crazies on the left are given legitimacy by the media while most know the right ones are crazy. For example, look at David Suzuki's paragraph in Wikipedia vs Ann Coulter, make it sound like Suzuki is some smart impartial academic while they do everything possible to make Coulter look biased. Yet Suzuki in 2008 called for those people that deny global warming should be thrown in Jail. So hearing what Coulter says that is controversial fits her perception, but not so clear to me the average Canadian realizes what these left-wing nuts are actually all about.
ReplyDeleteDavid Takayoshi Suzuki, CC, OBC, Ph.D LLD (born March 24, 1936), is a Japanese Canadian academic, science broadcaster and environmental activist. Suzuki earned a Ph.D in zoology from the University of Chicago in 1961, and was a professor in the genetics department of the University of British Columbia from 1963 until his retirement in 2001. Since the mid-1970s, Suzuki has been known for his TV and radio series and books about nature and the environment. He is best known as host of the popular and long-running CBC Television science magazine, The Nature of Things, seen in syndication in over forty nations. He is also well known for criticizing governments for their lack of action to protect the environment.
Ann Hart Coulter (born December 8, 1961) is an American lawyer[1], conservative social and political commentator, author, and syndicated columnist. She frequently appears on television, radio, and as a speaker at public events and private events. Well-known for her right-wing political opinions and the controversial ways in which she defends them, Coulter has described herself as a polemicist who likes to "stir up the pot" and, unlike "broadcasters," does not "pretend to be impartial or balanced."[2
So if I wanted to know what David Suzuki is all about, why would I want to go to some right wing web site to hear that at some point he made the comment that people denying climate change should be thrown in jail. Surely it makes much more sense to check his web site. Are you saying that the real David Suzuki agenda is throwing all climate change deniers in prison or worse, and that everything else is fluff?
ReplyDeleteSurely if I wanted to know more about Ann Coulter (beyond what Wikipedia has) I should listen to her, and not go to http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/.
I have, incidentally stopped reading Sojourners, which used to be one of my favorite sites, because they spend way too much time blasting Glenn Beck. Why would I go to Sojourners if I wanted to know what Glenn Beck said? It makes no sense to me. If I want to be challenged as a follower of Jesus, I go to http://whchurch.org/ or http://www.jesusradicals.com/)