I don't know how many of you saw this from the New York Times. It seems to be to be a useful way of telling the public (and me) that there are many actions that affect the budget, some more, some less.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/11/13/weekinreview/deficits-graphic.html
I know Karl will discount it because it comes from a "left-wing" paper, and I do grant you that any description given of deficit reducing measures is biased, nevertheless it does give some indication of what effect various measures may have. When I have a little more time, I will take the test and see how I would balance the deficit, and how those steps would affect me. Others may want to take the test before me.
I have started this but realized to do it properly I need to know more about some issues and need to be better informed. Thus it was a good exercise to do and user friendly too. I quite enjoyed cutting spending.
ReplyDelete